Thursday, May 17, 2012

K9 Kamp: Why We are Doing It

So, the awesome Kolchak Puggle is hosting K9 Doggy fitness camp to help us get our pups and ourselves into shape. I am really excited for this to happen. While Kita has had no problem shedding the weight since we started her diabetes diet, I haven't really lost any weight. I have a few spare pounds I want to loose, but mainly lack the motivation. And part of that motivation is doggy mom guilt. I say things like, "Oh, I'd love to go to the gym, but I only get to see Kita a few (conscious) hours a day, I can't spend half of that time away form her." Or things like "I would love going more places, if she could come too."

Yes, the fact is I love my baby girl and want to make sure I stay healthy so I can always be there for her. And this K9 Kamp challenge is paw-some because now I have no excuses. She will be right there along side of me doing the workout. My husband is even joining us so it will be a family affair. I just can't wait to see what fun Kolchak has in store for us!

Also, I can't wait to see what challenges we have so we can find some fun new ways to play with her since I have been roadblocked on that since Kita went blind. We will do our best to tweek challenges to make them blind dog friendly!!


4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be cool if there were gyms where we could take our dogs with us? It's wonderful that your hubby is joining too, that is true family togetherness. Thank you for joining in the challenges, I can't wait to see how you do. I am also excited to learn ways you adapt them for your sweet girl's blindness. I hope she has a lot of fun!
    Peggy & Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie Kita is! I can't wait to hear about you guys completing the challenges. I'm not entirely sure how "blind-friendly" they all are, but I will say this: if there is anything at all that makes you uncomfortable or concerned for Kita's safety, feel free to change it. Just tell us all about what you changed and what worked for you guys and we'll be waiting to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thank you guys for the support and the well wishes for K9 Kamp! We will definitely never endanger her with her lack of vision, but I will admit, she is pretty crafty despite not being able to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, nice to meet you! Kita is absolutely freaking adorable... what a cutie! I can't wait to read about your experience. :)

    ReplyDelete